ABOUT THE BAY VIEW ASSOCIATIONThe Bay View Association of the United Methodist Church (Bay View) is a unique501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1875 that also operates a subsidiary home owners association (HOA). With 900 members, 445 cottages and 30 common buildings, each summer the Association offers superb music, worship, lectures, recreational, and education opportunities, all open to the public. Additional information about Bay View can be found at www.bayviewassociation.org.
POSITION SUMMARYThe Communications Coordinator is a customer-service, detail oriented position that is a blend of communications, office management, marketing and some administrative tasks. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for creating and disseminating written and electronic communications with our members, committees, Board of Trustees, and the general public. Additional responsibilities include the management and filing of documentation and records, assisting with customer or member requests for information, ensuring a consistent look for all printed materials, and document management. This is a year-round, salaried position. The workload intensifies during the annual Assembly season through the months of June, July and August. The Communications Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with the production of printed member communications. Oversee the creation and distribution of the Town Crier, a weekly newsletter from May thru early September. Assist with creating, editing and proofreading of all Bay View publications, including the Summer Program Book, Member Directory, Performance Guide, email notifications, Sunday bulletins, and other miscellaneous written communication as requested.
- Assist the staff in answering phones, providing information to walk-ins, disseminating information and connecting members with appropriate staff.
- Coordinate and manage all internal and external written communications to ensure a consistent look with the Bay View logo, website, and appropriate messaging.
- Coordinate and manage all press releases, media requests, and public statements.
- Maintain and update the Association’s social media sites.
- Assist in updating the Bay View website with relevant information on programming, events, and general information.
- Assist in the creation and management of an electronic filing system for the Administrative Office and Buildings and Grounds department. Work with members and committees to provide information when requested.
- Attend events both in the surrounding community, and within Bay View, to communicate relevant information to the membership, committees, staff and the general public.
- Maintain and distribute contact information, address lists, and contact information sheets.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred, but not required. Preferred candidates would possess degrees in English, communications, public relations, non-profit management, graphic design, marketing or business management.
- Positive attitude, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced office environment.
- Excellent customer service and can-do attitude with emphasis on streamlining processes and efficiencies.
- Ability to work efficiently in Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, and complete online research.
- Graphic design experience in InDesign, Photoshop, MS Publisher preferred, but not required.
- Ability to prioritize among competing goals to execute on tight deadlines during the busy summer season.
- Ability to work unsupervised and cooperatively in a team environment to provide quality customer service for the Bay View community and guests; maintain confidentiality regarding official Bay View business; strong communication, organization, and networking skills; ability to assist coworkers and members on a diverse array of projects and assignments.
SALARY AND BENEFITSThe salary range is $35,000 - $40,000 per year, with the potential for higher pay based on merit and longevity. Bay View offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, a generous retirement plan, paid vacation and personal days, flexible schedule in the off-season, as well as employee discounts on Bay View Association programming. There is opportunity for advancement within our organization. Additional reimbursement provided for travel and work related expenses if pre-approved by the Executive Director.
The information contained in this position description is intended to describe the general content and requirements for successful performance of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Additional duties and requirements may be assigned at the sole discretion of the Bay View Association. Hence, the job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employers as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The position is an at- will position. Bay View is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and a professional reference list to: email@example.com; or mail to P.O. Box 583, Petoskey, MI 49770 by October 5.